Tons of WWE2K14 footage, news and events coming over the weekend
by: Nathan Carter
NEWS – WWE Summer Slam is this Sunday, and keeping with their recent tradition, the team at 2K will be releasing tons of info on WWE2K14 as part of Summer Slam Axxess including a gameplay reveal and the roster for 30 Years of Wrestle Mania mode.
Earlier today, 2K hosted an official Twitch stream that lasted nearly an hour. Aubrey Sitterson and Bryan Williams showed off the first full match from WWE2K14 from Macho Man Randy Savage and The Ultimate Warrior. We got to see some of the new changes made to the game including reversals now leading into moves, the new comeback attacks, the new drag animation and some of the new changes to the sound. When a wrestler hits the mat, it looks and feels more painful than it ever has before.
Also, superstars Darren Young and Rey Mysterio were confirmed for the game. This pretty much confirms that Titus O'Neal, the other half of the Primetime Players will be in the game as well.
Here is the rundown of all the content you can expect over the weekend.
WWE 2K14 Gameplay Livestream
- Friday, August 16 at 12 p.m. PDT
- Senior Game Designer Bryan Williams and Interactive Marketing Manager Aubrey Sitterson walk you through full WWE2K14 matches
- Showcasing new and improved gameplay elements like OMG Moments, Catching Finishers, the new reversal system and more
WWE2K14 30 Years of WrestleMania Roster Reveal
- Saturday, August 17 at 12:30 p.m. PDT
- WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross, WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler and WWE Superstar Damien Sandow reveal the full 30 Years of WrestleMania roster in-ring at SummerSlam Axxess
WWE2K14 30 Years of WrestleMania Symposium
- Saturday, August 17 at 6:45 p.m. PDT
- WWE Superstars and Legends take a look back at some of their favorite WrestleMania moments.